Cakes, pie crusts and cookies typically rely on gluten; a protein mostly found in wheat flour. However, many people are unable to tolerate gluten and therefore need gluten-free alternatives when it comes to baked goods. In this online cooking course we will review the science of gluten, show you how to prepare our own gluten-free flour blend and provide you with some time-tested recipes for a Yellow Layer Cake, Chewy Sugar Cookies and Blueberry Pie. These desserts are so delicious that even your gluten tolerant guests won’t suspect they are gluten-free.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe