Cook It in Cast Iron
If you’re like most cooks, you probably have a cast iron skillet stored somewhere in your kitchen. This old school pan has been used for centuries to cook up some of your favorite dishes-from cornbread and cakes to frittatas and breakfast. In this class, we cover cast-iron skillet basics that are essential for cleaning, restoring, seasoning and maintaining one of the most diverse pieces of kitchen equipment. If you don’t own one yet and or are wanting to add to your collection, we’ll also go through what to look for to ensure quality like the difference between traditional and enameled finishes. Then we’ll put your cast-iron skillet to the test with some of our favorite recipes including thick cut steaks, baked ziti and blueberry pie. This class is not one you’ll want to skip!
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe