Barley Risotto and Butternut Squash
Here is a clever use of a winter favorite; butternut squash. However, don’t be frightened by the word risotto. We know it instills fear in a lot of home cooks so instead of using traditional arborio rice in this online cooking course we’re using barley for a faster, less labor intensive cooking method. In fact, it only needs a few intermittent stirs. And when cooked this hearty grain has a creamy feel, soft chewy texture and nice nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the butternut squash. Add in a little fresh sage and Parmesan cheese and you have a meal that is dressed to impress.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe