While the baguette is not the only kind of bread made in France, it may just be the most popular-as it is eaten throughout almost every province in the country. An authentic baguette is essentially a lean, yeast-leavened bakery product made with four basic ingredients: Flour, Water, Yeast, and Salt. It’s the preparation techniques that we learned first hand from a trip to France that truly makes an authentic baguette; and in this online cooking class we share those techniques with you. We share tips for sifting two types of flour, mixing and folding the dough, and a rising method that delivers the complex flavor of fermentation while making the recipe flexible. All this allows the baking of the loaves anytime within a three-day window. So don your beret and let’s get started; bon appetit!
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe