How To Make Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Buns
We love it when Valentine’s Day falls on the weekend because it leaves so many more options for fun ways to celebrate with food. Above all, our favorite has to be to do a romantic breakfast or brunch instead of the traditional fancy pants dinner. Which is why we absolutely adore these heart-shaped cinnamon buns. Cupid gets cozy with a classic breakfast pastry made completely from scratch. But even beyond that, who can not be impressed with homemade cinnamon buns fresh out of the oven? You can’t deny it. These are a breakfast treat that are 100% made with love.
Introduce some romance into your Valentine’s Day breakfast and learn how to make these adorable breakfast pastries. Our host will walk you through each step in this online baking course so your buns turns out as perfectly as your day.
Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Buns
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 ½ cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
2 ½ tsp yeast
1 cup brown sugar
2 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Mix in the sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs. Add the flour and mix thoroughly. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least one hour or when it has doubled in size.
4. On a surface dusted lightly with flour, turn out the dough and then let rest for another 10 minutes, covered. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dough into a rectangle. Slather with the softened butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture until everything is covered.
5. To get the heart shape, roll the end the dough into the center from both ends. Cut into about 12 rolls and then pinch the ends to form the heart. Space them out about 2 inch apart on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Depending on preference, add cream cheese frosting when buns are warm or slightly cooled. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat all ingredients together using a standing or hand mixer.
Talent: Lauren Nolan of Lake Shore Lady
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Catch The Sun” by Adam Drake