Biscuits, Corn Bread and Soda Bread
Biscuits, Corn Bread and Soda Bread, oh my! Do you know that all three of these are considered quick breads? It’s because they are leavened by baking powder or soda rather than the wizard of baking; yeast. In this online baking class we will help you understand the role that buttermilk (and suitable substitutes) plays. We also teach you to identify different styles of biscuits, corn bread and soda bread. With no waiting for dough to proof and rise, you can assemble and bake these quick breads in a snap. We will prepare Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits, Southern-Style Skillet Cornbread, and Brown Soda Bread that will surely have your Auntie Em begging for more.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe