How To Make Linguine With Clam Sauce
You’ll rarely come upon an Italian restaurant that doesn’t have this dish on their menu. And some of the best chefs will tell you trying a business’ linguine with clams sauce is a sure way to tell just how good their food is. But who says you need to go to a restaurant to make it? As fancy as it may sound, linguine with clams is actually not an experts only dish that has to be handed down through generations. It’s fairly simple, taking only a handful of ingredients (make sure they’re fresh), and can be made from start to finish within an hour. More seasoned chefs can tamper with the ingredients a bit more to their liking or just keep it as is. This is a timeless recipe that will just keep getting better every time you make it.
Take a lesson from one of our online cooking school’s culinary chefs and follow along as he walks you through all the steps for linguine with clam sauce. Let us know how it turns out!
LINGUINE WITH CLAM SAUCE RECIPE
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 lb of linguine
1 lb fresh clams
½ cup dry white wine
4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
A pinch of red pepper flakes
2 tbsp of whole butter
1 cup of chicken stock or clam juice
Salt and pepper
1. Clean the clams properly in cold water. Place the clams in cold salt water for about 1 hour to purge them.
2. Bring a large wide pot of water to a boil. Salt aggressively. Drop in the linguine and move around with tongs avoid the pasta from sticking.
3. In a large skillet add the olive oil and garlic and raise the heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, add the red chili flakes to taste. Just as the garlic starts to color, add all of the clams, the wine and ½ cup of stock. Cover the pan, keep the heat on high and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until all of the clams open. Take the clams out and set aside.
4. At this point the pasta should be done. Raise the heat on the pan with the clam liquid and allow to reduce; add the butter and stir to make a silky sauce. Add the cooked linguine to the sauce, fresh basil and parsley.
5. To plate twirl the pasta on the plate and surround with the clams. You can drizzle with more olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with industry news and the newest cooking trends!