Delectable strawberry recipes
There are a number of different ways you can add strawberries to your dishes that makes them not only tasty but also a little more healthy.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these savory strawberry treats:
- Enjoy a salad made of baby lettuce, feta cheese, strawberries and almonds for a delicious combination.
- Make yourself a tasty lunch with strawberry, tomato and fennel gazpacho.
- Create strawberry-jalapeno salsa and put it on turkey breast for a healthy fajita.
- Never buy another type of strawberry jam again when you make your own strawberry and red wine spread to use on a grilled ham and cheese.
- Adding strawberries to a salad is always a good idea, but when you combine them with milk-braised tenderloin and spinach it’s an even tastier treat.
- Bake biscuits to make strawberry-lemon shortcakes. Lemon rind will give the shortcakes a tart flavor while the sweetness of the strawberries will bring it all together.
- For a quick breakfast or afternoon snack, layer fresh strawberries with a ricotta mixture to create a parfait.
- Strawberry layer cake is an elegant dessert. To make it healthier, use fresh orange juice rather than Grand Marnier when making the cream cheese frosting.
- The next time you have roast chicken, fish or grilled pork tenderloin, add strawberry-avocado salsa for a sweet and savory taste. Use any left over to make a snack and eat with baked tortilla chips.
- Ruby port and rhubarb risotto with sugared strawberries will be your new favorite dish after you taste the sweet-tart syrup over creamy the rice creation that results from the ruby port and risotto.
- Enjoy the sweet taste of strawberries in a strawberry-almond cream tart with a graham cracker crust.
- To help you cool off on hot summer days, try strawberry-rhubarb ice cream. If you want to give the treat a little spike, swap out the cranberry juice for wine.
Tips for hulling strawberries
Taking out the core of your strawberries doesn’t have to be difficult or messy when you know of easier ways to do it. When you hull the berry you can remove the cap without taking away too much fruit.
There are a number of strawberry hullers you can buy to make the job easier. You can also simply use a knife and even a vegetable peeler to get the job done.
According to Food and Wine Magazine, you can hull strawberries using a straw by pushing it through the bottom up to the cap for easy removal.
If you’re interested in learning more tasty strawberry recipes, consider enrolling in online cooking school to improve your knowledge and skills.