Crème Caramel Pastry Demo
Check out Chef Susie’s pastry demo! Chef will demonstrate how to make Crème Caramel step-by-step. Below is a list of topics that Chef Susie will cover in detail:
- Carmelizing the sugar
- Making the custard
- Baking the crème caramel
- Plating the crème caramel
Crème Caramel Recipe:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
¾ cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon lemon zest
1. Arrange 8, 6oz ramekins on a deep baking sheet or pan.
2. Combine the first amount of sugar and the water in pot over low heat, when the sugar has dissolved raise the heat and watch for the caramel to turn an amber color. Remove from the heat and immediately divide between the ramekins trying to keep all of the caramel on the bottom. Set aside.
3. In a bowl mix the eggs and set aside In a pot gently warm the sugar, half and half, salt, vanilla and lemon zest being careful not to simmer, the mixture should be just warm about 100 degrees. Pour the warm mixture over the eggs and whisk until well combined. Strain the mixture and divide between the ramekins.
4. Fill the pan the ramekins are in with water so the water is 1 inch making a water bath.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45-55 minutes until they are firm in the center. Cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate.
6. When the custards are cool, run a knife around the inside edge of the ramekin and turn the ramekin upside down on a plate. When you lift the ramekin the caramel from the bottom will pour over the custard.
To learn more about our programs, contact us at (855) 696-6602 or firstname.lastname@example.org